I’ve been watching this series on TV, “Awake”, and I noticed a parallel to some of my interactions with atheists and with believers. The show is about a police detective (Britten) who is in a wreck with his wife and son. Either his wife or his son die, depending on what reality he is in. After the wreck, when he goes to sleep in one reality where his wife died and son lived, he immediately wakes up in another reality, where the son died and his wife is alive.
Reality vs. Meaning
- None is as free as one born on the wave, Born on the wave to the song of the sea; None can be brave until they are free, Free of all, but the call of the sea.
Month By Month
*Just an FYI: If you are wondering why there's not been a new post recently, new posts have been a bit slowed down by the new job...*
I am a (occasionally doting) wife, a damn proud momma of two adorable and brilliant children, a veteran of the United States Navy, part-time steampunk hausfrau, beach addict, (American) Civil War reenactor and Victorian natural history aficionado, a canoeing fanatic, returned student and semi-erratic blogger.
If you have found this blog, you have also figured out that we are a Pagan family. More aptly, I would describe my theological belief as a pragmatic sort of pantheism and my religion as Unitarian Universalist Pagan...or maybe as a hylozoic Spiritual Bioregionalist that belongs of a UU congregation. I am a practicing witch and herbalist, mainly working with domestic and elemental magics. For the most part, my blog covers a bit of all of these things, with a bit of randomness tossed in from time to time.
I enjoy my family, swimming, being nerdy, the great outdoors, NCIS re-runs, chai tea--iced or hot, yoga, trashy romance novels, singing off key, surfing the internet and painting. I also like long walks on the beach and NPR's Science Friday. I love to read and making Halloween costumes for my kids. I am passionate watershed ecology and local conservation efforts. But most of all...I'm just trying to take extravagant pleasure in the act of being alive.
- How the Media Failed Women in 2013 fb.me/X3WNu4F6 6 days ago
- Not that I think that every single thing that passes my lips always has to meet this criteria...but I think its... fb.me/1sL4PKxc4 1 week ago
- :( fb.me/2tUH1DGn6 1 week ago
- The hubby is reading The Hobbit by video chat to the kids for their bedtime story... 1 week ago
- 19 Wild Costumes From European Pagan Rituals Still Practiced Today fb.me/LLmEdlIz 1 week ago
Livin' the Witchy Life
Posts I Like