So, by now, unless you live under a rock -- and by that I mean a rock without wifi where you have no smartphone, no tv, no radio, and no access at all to the outside world -- you've heard that yet another Republican candidate slipped up and admitted what he really thinks about rape, women, and living in the patriarchy.
Rape. It's Just Different. Wait. No, It's Not.
Share your thoughts...I always try to respond, though sometimes I get distracted!! If that's the case, I apologize in advance... Cancel reply
- None is as free as one born on the wave, Born on the wave to the song of the sea; None can be brave until they are free, Free of all, but the call of the sea.
Month By Month
I am a (occasionally doting) wife, a damn proud momma of two adorable and brilliant children, a veteran of the United States Navy, part-time steampunk hausfrau, beach addict, (American) Civil War reenactor and Victorian natural history aficionado, a canoeing fanatic, returned student and semi-erratic blogger.
If you have found this blog, you have also figured out that we are a Pagan family. More aptly, I would describe my theological belief as a pragmatic sort of pantheism and my religion as Unitarian Universalist Pagan...or maybe as a Spiritual Bioregionalist that belongs of a UU congregation. I am a practicing witch and herbalist, mainly working with domestic and elemental magics. For the most part, my blog covers a bit of all of these things, with a bit of randomness tossed in from time to time.
I enjoy my family, swimming, being nerdy, the great outdoors, NCIS re-runs, chai tea--iced or hot, aerobics, trashy romance novels, baking bread, singing off key, surfing the internet and painting. I also like long walks on the beach and NPR's Science Friday. I love to read. I am passionate watershed ecology and local conservation efforts. But most of all...I'm just trying to take extravagant pleasure in the act of being alive.
- What Do You Value? fb.me/26WTTkeYC 6 hours ago
- Stand in solidarity with New York City workers to move fast food forward! #fastfoodfwd fastfoodforward.org/petition?sourc… 1 day ago
- Why Rituals Work: Scientific American fb.me/zEhdgK9J 4 days ago
- fb.me/PJf0YxRl 4 days ago
- A great post... fb.me/2gl6Zpdsp 4 days ago
Posts I Like
GoodreadsNo data found