I’m excited, I got my first blog award from Maytheweed, a fellow PF’r and pagan knitty blogger!
So…I am supposed to list 7 probably/possibly unknown things about myself, and pass the award on to five blogs I love.
- Though I hate, hate, HATE reality TV, I have recently grown to adore The Voice…and I have a fan-girl crush on Adam Levine (I even started following him on twitter), even though he’s nothing close to what I would normally find attractive and (though I like some of their songs and have some of their music in my workout mix) I’m not a huge fan of Maroon 5 (of course, I’m really sort of ambivalent about most popular artists).
- My favorite movie of all time is The Last of the Mohicans, followed closely by Gladiator. Unfortunately, historical dramas with kick ass stories (and I could care less if they are *true* or not), gorgeous cinematography, awesome soundtracks and kick ass acting aren’t all that common.
- Stephen Jay Gould is my intellectual hero. While I don’t really blog about it, I am a total biology nerd…I totally geek out on anything pertaining to evolution, ecology and conservation biology in particular.
- I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it in my blog or not, though I know I have on PF…but the first Pagan books I read were Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler and Starhawk’s The Spiral Dance (both of which I still recommend newbies read, along with a few others)–they were the only books my library had on the subject, I was in the 7th grade. Later I saved up my babysitting money to buy a copy of Buckland’s Big Blue and the Cunningham books, which were the only books that the local bookstore carried.
- I’m working on a multi-media web-based fantasy novel in a sort of scrapbook format that includes some (optional) erotica side stories. It is still very much a work in the planning stages. Who the heck knows if I will ever finish it…I’m not really sure I have the skill set, time or money to see it through.
- I love wine…but I’m not a connoisseur–none of that “an oaky taste with notes of blackberry and a fennel finish” BS. Mainly I like whites–my favorite is a Muscato d’Asti.
- I am horribly allergic to cats.